Saturday, November 24, 2012

Stuffed Like a Turkey


I love cooking. Have you noticed? In my world cooking equates to comfort, and love. This means that holidays like Thanksgiving are my cup of tea. I absolutely thrive on the preparation and want nothing more than to share what I have made. I may even be okay with missing out on the eating if everyone else gets some. I love cooking for people.

This year was my first year REALLY hosting Thanksgiving dinner. When I was pregnant with Jellybean we sort of hosted. I was on bed rest, my mom was on a cold liquid diet, and The Nerd has no cooking knowledge. Amazingly it all came together really well then. This year was better. 

The Menu:
Turducken Breast Roulade - That is indeed a turkey breast, duck breast, and chicken breast all layered with gluten free sage stuffing
Sage stuffing/dressing - gluten free bread, an onion, some celery, sage, marjoram, more sage, a little ginger, more sage, some white pepper, salt, chicken stock, and more sage
Green Beans - steamed and then lightly sauteed in bacon grease
Honey Ginger Cranberry Sauce - Recipe Below, oh so tasty
Sweet Potato Pudding Brulee- As good as it sounds, but better
Pumpkin Pie - Forgot to take a picture of this one, classic pumpkin pie with no added sugar. 

Add to that the mashed potatoes and candied carrots my mom brought and we had one tasty meal.

Now, the recipe:

Honey Ginger Cranberry Sauce

You'll Need:
12oz fresh cranberries (one bag is generally 12oz)
Zest and Juice of one Large Orange
120ml water
201g White Sugar
240ml Honey (Good honey, you can really taste it)
1 Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger (Or oops I may have put way too much, oh well we love Ginger)
1 packet gelatin

Combine your cranberries, water, orange juice, sugar, honey, orange zest, and ginger in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium until cranberries pop open. 

Add in your packet of gelatin and stir well to dissolve fully. Cook over low heat for an additional 5 min.

Pour into a serving dish and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight. The sauce will not be firm enough to mold, but it is mighty tasty!

Happy eating!
Tori
 


No comments:

Post a Comment