Monday, June 18, 2012

Easy as Pie Pudding



Last week was VBS at our church. I had the privilege of being the photographer for the entire event. It was so fun, I was so exhausted! There were a few days when I just laid on the floor while the Jellybean played around me and then when straight to bed (at 4:30) when the nerd got home. I didn't do much cooking at all. Here's another one of my quick chocolate fixes. It's pudding, you can make it in the microwave, it's easy. You can make this after a day of chasing down 500 kids on a large campus for individual pictures. Trust me.

100g White Sugar
40g Cocoa Powder (I like to use Hershey special dark, it's half dutch process and half regular)
3 Tbsp Cornstarch
450ml Milk

Mix together your sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch. (Use a microwave safe bowl)

Slowly add in your milk stirring constantly so you don't end up with dry lumpy bits.

Microwave on high one minute at a time until thick and shiny. It should take 4-6 minutes.

Let cool slightly and enjoy or place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding and refrigerate to enjoy later. 

I like to add in a handful of chocolate chips while it's still hot and melt those in as well but that is completely optional. I also like to make half recipes of the dry mix and store those in pint size mason jars for later mixing.

Happy eating!
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment