Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cheesy Garlic Biscuits



Before I was diagnosed with severe gluten intolerance my husband loved to go to Red Lobster. I'm not really a huge fan. I don't like fish. I could always count on enjoying one menu item though. The biscuits. When I was pregnant we would go to Red Lobster JUST so I could eat those biscuits. They are delicious. If you have never had them, I'm sorry, because if you're reading my blog you probably can't just go grab some. But don't worry, you too can enjoy some pretty darn close cheesy garlicy goodness.

I have a new addiction. It's called pinterest. It's an addiction that is sweeping the blogger community and this past week it struck with it's gluteny recipe rearing head. One of my friends posted a recipe for copycat Red Lobster bread. Just when I thought that I had gotten over the cravings I see this gorgeous looking cheese bread pop up on my computer. So I looked at the recipe. I read about the process. I pouted. I thought about making something. I changed my mind. Then today I decided I needed those biscuits. So I whipped out my scale and just went for it. Sooooo tasty.

(This was a lazy quick recipe so I have not converted anything to grams yet, I will next time I make it.)

You'll need:
12oz Sweet Rice Flour
6oz Cornstarch
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Salt
4 oz Cheddar Cheese (The copycat recipe calls for little cubes, I used shredded)
3 Tbsp Ground Flax (binds everything together like xanthan gum, but healthier!)
1 1/4c Milk
3/4c Sour Cream
4 Tbsp Butter
1 Egg Beaten

Preheat your oven to 350

Stir your flax meal into your milk, allow it to rest and gel some.

Combine your sweet rice flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cayenne, black pepper, and garlic salt. You know the drill! (Whisk until the dry ingredients become one)

Add your cheese to your flour mix and fold it in until it is completely coated.

Combine your flax/milk mixture, sour cream, melted butter, and egg in a separate bowl. Whisk until fully incorporated.

Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour your wet ingredients in. Then combine with a spoon or spatula.

Drop biscuit size portions onto a parchment lined sheet pan

Top with a little more garlic salt (optional)

Bake for 25 minutes.

Let cool for 10 minutes then enjoy. Beware you can't eat just one of these!

Happy eating!
Tori


4 comments:

  1. I have a question about flax. Does it mean I have to add 3 tbs of raw seeds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe should say "ground flax", so sorry about that! I do use raw ground flax. You can use the ground flax they sell at the grocer straight out of the bag or you can be neurotic like I am and grind it down even further in a spice grinder (or a baby bullet with the milling blade..).

      Delete
  2. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. خبز البرجر

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. خبز البريوش

    ReplyDelete