Monday, November 7, 2011

Taco Rice Skillet



This is a recipe I got from my mother in law. It is a weekly meal in our house.

This works best with an electric skillet. Honestly it's the only way I have ever done it. If you are going to use a pan on the stove I suggest halving the recipe. It makes a serious amount of food.

Ingredients:
1lb Ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
1 package of Taco seasoning (I use Old El Paso original, but any gluten free seasoning will work)
2 cans of Ro-Tel (I tried using another brand once, the Ro-Tel works the best)
1 cup of uncooked rice

Brown the meat and the onion together on high heat in the skillet.

Open the cans of Ro-Tel and drain the liquid into a measuring cup, then add water to the liquid to make 2 1/2 cups of watered down tomato-chili juice.

After the meat is completely browned add the liquid, taco seasoning, Ro-Tel, and rice. Mix it all together.

Reduce heat, cover, and let cook for 20min or until the rice is soft.

Top with cheese, or sour cream, or you can dip into it with corn chips.... The possibilities are endless.

Happy eating!
Tori

1 comment: