Monday, November 7, 2011

Beginning to Blog

In the beginning...


My name is Tori and I am sitting in front of my computer stumped. Sure we all know what blogs are. Many of us read them every day. But how many of us think about how this seemingly perfect string of posts started?

It's a daunting task, trying to rise to blogging expectations.

Yet here I am! I am a proud 21 year old stay at home mom with a beautiful 9 month old baby girl. 5 Months ago that gorgeous baby was diagnosed with gluten intolerance. 4 and a half months ago so was I. It's amazing what you learn from your children.

Gluten free living has become substantially easier in the past few years. My younger sister is a diagnosed celiac and I remember trying to find her food when she was younger. I doubt she will want to eat a salad ever again. Now I can go walk around my local grocery store and they have convenient labeling on every shelf "gluten free".

That being said, the same does not go for the baby section. Do you realize how hard it is to find truly gluten free rice cereal without cross contamination? Or gluten fee teething biscuits? Or even gluten free baby food? Sure there are products out there but who wants to order everything off of Amazon for 3 times the going rate. Not this mommy!

Some of these issues resolved themselves when my husband and I decided to make our own baby food. But somehow I do not think I'm going to whip up a batch of "cheerios" for my little one to pick up and munch. But who knows, that could be my next project!

Today (okay maybe tomorrow, I do need to cook dinner) it starts! Millet Mommy will have recipies, product reviews, and organizational tips to keep your home and your life gluten free. Both for you and your children.

Happy eating!
Tori

J99KBF85AJ79

1 comment:

  1. Very glad I found this blog! I recently started my own GF blog! I have been searching for someone to relate to, being of the younger generation! I am 23 and have recently started trying out new GF recipes!!

    ReplyDelete