Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Quick Fixins


While I love a good home made morsel sometimes I don't want to go through the entire hullabaloo. That's when I turn to quick mixes. I'm not talking about the premixed flours I keep in my pantry either. I am talking about store bought quick mixes. They have their place in every tired mommy's kitchen and here's a few I love.

Gluten Free Bisquick

Mix with one egg and 10oz Redbridge Gluten Free Beer and use as a batter for fish. Deep fry for about 3 minutes.

Follow on box instructions for pancakes and pour 1 Tbsp pancake batter into mini muffin tin compartments. Pancake balls! (Toddlers love these, try adding things in like bacon bits and brown sugar)

Mix 2c bisquick, 2 eggs, 2/3-1c water. Make a double decker ham, american cheese, turkey, and swiss cheese sandwich. Cut in half diagonally and then dip your sandwich in your batter. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Deep fry in 375° oil for 7 minutes total, flipping half way through cooking. Top with a dusting of powdered sugar and enjoy your monte cristo.

Pamela's Ultimate Brownie Mix

Follow instructions for cake like batter and separate into muffin tin, bake for 20min and freeze extra brownies. Heat back up in the microwave for 45 seconds whenever you need a pick me up.

Tinkyada Pasta

Some people assume that because I know how to make pasta, I always make pasta. Nope! I love Tinkyada. (I use their spaghetti weekly) Cook according to the package instructions and add your favorite sauce. They even have some pasta that is made up of fun shapes called little dreams. It's pretty fantastic!


Thai Kitchen

Thai Kitchen brand carries several rice noodle bowls, pouches, and curry kits. It's like ramen gone fancy and gluten free.




Other than that, all I can say is find a restaurant near you that has a gluten free menu. We all need to take the quick and easy road sometimes.

Happy eating!
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment