Sunday, December 4, 2011

Product Review

HappyBaby Organic Puffs - Sweet Potato


Living with an infant that cannot have gluten isn't always the easiest thing in the world. One of the major challenges I ran into was the ever elusive gluten free cereal puff. I searched in my local HEB and Sprouts for the fabled HappyBaby gluten free puffs I had found on the internet to no avail. Then on a chance visit to my local WholeFoods store I saw a container with a HappyBaby label proclaiming "Gluten free!" I was elated and immediately snatched up the one container they had in stock and guarded it jealously on my way to the check out line.

Immediately upon returning home I opened the (very cute) container and popped a puff in my mouth. After all, I want to know what I'm getting my kiddo into. These puffs are delicious! If my daughter didn't like them so much I would eat them like popcorn. They have the perfect balance between melt and crunch for little ones just learning how to chew or those who still simply suck on their foods.

I was not the only one who loved these. My daughter will eat these for hours. I give her about 15 as a snack and she likes to hide them under a panel on her play mat and savor them. I love that they are organic, she loves the sweet flavor. It is truly a win win situation. 

I would recommend HappyBaby puffs to any parent, gluten free or not. They also have Strawberry flavored gluten free puffs, but we have a family history of severe strawberry allergies. As strawberry is a high allergen food I was a bit surprised at this flavor choice. I was advised by my pediatrician, before revealing the family history, not to introduce strawberries until after 1 year of age.

I would rate the Sweet Potato flavor puffs a definite 5 out of 5. They are a great first finger food!

Because I was not able to purchase any other flavors I would rate the HappyBaby puffs line a 2.5 out of 5 overall. 

The true question is, will this gluten free HappyBaby trend expand?

Happy eating!
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment